A Biometric Screening is one of the requirements to earn Rewards. A screening consists of the following:
- A finger stick blood test to measure your glucose, total cholesterol, and HDL cholesterol
- A blood pressure screening
- Measurement of weight, (to calculate BMI) and your waist circumference
Onsite Screenings: Onsite Biometric Screening will begin in January, 2020
Register for an appointment using this Link, after January 1, 2020.
- If you have registered in past years, you can use your email and original PW or click the forgot PW link to reset.
- To create a new account, click the “Login / Create Account” button, then follow the instructions to create an account.
Screenings through your PCP: Only MLH employees are eligible to attend onsite screenings; enrolled spouses should complete a screening through their PCP’s office. Use the PCP Screening Form to send the results to Impact Health, who will transfer to Active Health via electronic file import. If you previously completed a screening through your PCP’s office, anytime since 10/1/19, you can use this same PCP form to submit your screening results, by faxing to the number on the bottom of the form.
If you did not score in the Healthy Range for all screening results, you can begin now to complete a healthy activity (see List of Healthy Activities below). We recommend Health Coaching or Care Coordination through DVACO as a valuable, convenient way to complete the Healthy Activity requirement.
Healthy Range for Biometric Screening Results:
Blood Pressure: < 140 (Systolic) AND < 90 (Diastolic)
Total Cholesterol / HDL Ratio: < 4.5
Fasting < 110
Random < 160
BMI: < 30
Waist Circumference: < 40 (Men) < 35 (Women)
Healthy Activities - If biometrics do not meet healthy range,complete at least one activity below to earn Reward
- Care Coordination – For those with complex chronic conditions. Provided by DVACO (Delaware Valley Accountable Care Organization). Call 610-225-6277
- Condition Management Coaching – Health Coaching for those with a health condition or diagnosis such as diabetes, heart disease, asthma, etc. Provided by DVACO Health Coaches. Call 610-225-6277
- Health Coaching for Lifestyle Improvement – Health Coaching for fitness, healthy eating, stress reduction, etc. Coaching services provided by Active Health.
- Weight Management Program – For those who want to lose weight; options include Weight Watchers, Nutrisystem, RD visits, etc. Record at least 3 visits on the Incentive page on the portal.
- Achieve 5% weight loss as measured by year over year biometric results. This will be calculated automatically, once the 2020 Biometric screening results are imported.
- Fitness Center participation – Record 120 visits at a health club between October 1, 2019 and Sept 30, 2020.
- Fitness Tracking:
- Record 120 days of at least 30 minutes of physical activity on the new Making Life Healthy portal.
- Use a synced device to record at least 7500 steps/day for 40 days